Carnival Celebration: Rio de Janiero
Welcome to the Greatest Show on Earth
Join us in the dazzling costumes, vibrant parades, and electric energy of Rio, Brazil
This February 15th - February 25th
This is for you if you’re keen on an authentic Brazilian experience, immerse fully in Carnival and create lifetime memories.
*Optional activities, please inquire for further details
Rio Carnival Experience Starting at $1299
***Early Bird Pricing Available!***
Regular Pricing starts 21/12/23
Whimsical Queen Suite
Triple Deluxe Suite
(Shared Price pp/3 Max)
Classical Double Comfort
(Shared Price pp/2 Max)
Premium Queen Suite with Balcony
* Taste of Rio Pass
+ Ultimate Carnival Combo
Rio Pricing Details
Festival & Immersion Pass
Ultimate Rio Carnival Combo
Taste of Rio Pass
All options include:
Experienced Retreat Host, Welcome Dinner, Guided Yoga, Pro Samba Lesson, Shopping Excursion, Use of Common Areas & Pool, Blocos, Beach Days, Skillshares/Workshops/Growth Immersion, Access to Community and WhatsApp Group
Sign up with a friend and get $400 off
VIP Sambradome Tropical Carnival Experience
Samba Lesson with Carnival Winning Instructor
Caiprinha making lesson
Multiple Bloco/Street Parade Outings
★ Michelin Star Welcome Dinner★
Rochina Favela Tour with Local
Private Boat Day
Churrascaria Famous Steakhouse
Sunset Sugarloaf Cable Car Tickets
Guided Yoga Sessions
Daily Gourmet Breakfasts
Football Match (pending availability)
Helicopter Tour around Christ the Redeemer*
★★ Michelin Tasting*
About Carnival in Rio
- 2024 Carnival takes place February 9th – 17th, however events and street parades: Blocos can start as early as January and go through March.
- Carnival in Rio is celebrated throughout the city, with the most famous events happening at the Sambadrome, where samba parades occur. However, you can also enjoy street parties (blocos) all over Rio
- The Sambadrome is a purpose-built parade area in Rio de Janeiro where samba schools compete with elaborate floats and stunning costumes. It’s the heart of the Carnival parade and what makes Rio infamous to celebrate in.
- We offer exclusive VIP Sambadrome experiences as part of our Carnival in Rio package.
- A bloco is a street party or parade that takes place throughout Rio during Carnival. These are often spontaneous and feature live music, dancing, and colorful costumes.
- Joining a bloco is easy – just show up with your festive attire, and you’ll be welcomed with open arms. We can also provide recommendations for popular blocos to attend.
- Cloud Connections will be celebrating Rio Carnival during February 15st – February 25th. This serves to give you a robust understanding of roots of carnival and experience the flavors to the fullest. You are welcome to continue your carnival experience after getting a solid cultural foundation. We will be attending the Sambradome festivities for the Champion’s parade on the 17th. The best performances are reserved for this evening.
- Absolutely! Carnival in Rio is a vibrant and welcoming event, perfect for solo travelers looking to immerse themselves in the festivities. Our package includes opportunities to connect with fellow travelers.
- A caipirinha is Brazil’s national cocktail, made with cachaça (a sugar cane spirit), lime, sugar, and ice. It’s a must-try during Carnival.
- Samba is a lively and rhythmic Brazilian music and dance style with roots in African, European, and Indigenous Brazilian traditions. It’s characterized by its infectious beats, colorful costumes, and energetic dance moves.
- Rio de Janeiro is famous for samba because it hosts the world-renowned Rio Carnival, where samba takes center stage in elaborate parades and celebrations. The city’s deep historical ties to samba and its vibrant samba schools contribute to its fame as the samba capital of the world.
- People from Rio de Janeiro are commonly referred to as “Cariocas.” The term “Carioca” is used to describe the residents of Rio and is derived from the indigenous Tupi-Guarani word “kara’i oka,” which means “white man’s house” or “house of the white man.” The origins of the name are connected to the arrival of the Portuguese in Brazil and their influence on the region. Today, “Carioca” is a term of pride for the city’s inhabitants and is used to signify the unique culture and lifestyle of those living in Rio de Janeiro.
- Like any major event, it’s essential to stay vigilant and take precautions. We prioritize your safety and provide guidance to ensure a secure and enjoyable experience. Please make sure to share your contact information and share where you are going with the group to mitigate any risk.
Yes, here are some safety tips:
- Keep your belongings secure, especially in crowded areas.
- Avoid displaying expensive items like jewelry and electronics.
- Use reliable transportation options, such as registered taxis or rideshare services.
- Be cautious with alcohol consumption, and don’t accept drinks from strangers.
- Stay with a group, especially when attending street parties (blocos) at night.
- Follow the guidance of local authorities and tour operators.
- In case of an emergency, dial 190 to reach the local police (Polícia Militar). Additionally, you can contact your country’s embassy or consulate for assistance.
- While Rio de Janeiro has many safe areas, it’s advisable to exercise caution in certain neighborhoods, especially at night.
- Stay informed by checking travel advisories and updates from your country’s embassy or consulate in Brazil. You can also follow local news outlets and trusted travel websites for the latest information.
- Official Carnival events, like the Sambadrome parades, typically have security measures in place, including the presence of law enforcement and event staff to maintain order and ensure the safety of attendees.
- Yes, you can generally trust registered taxis, rideshare services like Uber, and official public transportation options in Rio. Avoid unregistered or unofficial taxis and travel with the group when possible.
- It’s advisable to carry a photocopy of your passport and leave the original in a secure place, such as a hotel safe. You may also want to carry a copy of your visa and identification at all times.
- If you encounter a non-emergency issue or incident, you can contact the local Tourist Police (Delegacia de Proteção ao Turista) or visit their office for assistance. They are trained to assist tourists and can provide guidance.
- Santa Teresa is a popular choice for its bohemian atmosphere and proximity to many blocos. It’sWe offer luxurious accommodations in Santa Teresa as part of our Carnival package.
- Our Carnival in Rio package includes a VIP experience at the Sambadrome, accommodations, guided tours, samba classes, caipirinha-making sessions, delicious breakfast,pool and lounging areas and more.
- Airfare, airport shuttle, meals not part of activities, alcohol, drinks, and personal insurance are not included in the package.
Booking and Policies
- Booking your Carnival in Rio experience with Cloud Connections is easy. Visit our website or contact us directly to secure your spot.
- Our cancellation policies are outlined on our website. We understand that plans can change, so we provide flexibility to accommodate different situations. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for cancellation inquiries.
- Our Carnival in Rio retreat is designed for digital nomads, travel enthusiasts, and anyone seeking a vibrant and memorable Carnival experience in Rio de Janeiro.
- 2 weeks prior, a whatsapp group will be created to introduce all members. 1 week before, a zoom call intro will take place.
- Flights are at your own discretion. Cloud Connections is happy to provide recommendations and assistance.
- Brazil’s visa policy has changed for Americans, Canadians and Australians and if you are from these countries and easy e-visa can be issued prior to arrival. Please check with your local embassy for most accurate information and please communicate travel plans with a member of Cloud Connections for specific visa requirements.
If you have more specific questions or need further information about our VIP Carnival experience in Rio with Cloud Connections, please feel free to reach out to our dedicated team. We’re here to make your Carnival experience unforgettable!